Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Having Breakfast for Dinner

Last night for Dinner we had breakfast. Grandma got me and Brenna 2 American girl cookbooks Kit's and Felicity's. Dad said he wanted a colonial breakfast for dinner so we made that for dinner. I for one don't like breakfast and especially for dinner ; but amazingly it was good! I also helped Mom cook the meal.The first thing we made was apple butter. We had to put apple cider in a pot and boil it. Then, chop the apples, put it in the pot, wait a bit, then put the spices in it, and wait some more.






We also had Johnny cakes.




Here is the ham with gravy. We first fried the ham, and made the gravy.






This is the gravy. We also had Dressed eggs.



We also made breakfast puffs.


Here is the finished products. You could either put the Apple Butter on the Johnny cakes and Breakfast puffs, or leave it off. Everything was good, except for the eggs. I can't wait to have it again.











2 comments:

  1. Elisabeth, MMMMMM The Breakfast looks Delicious!!!! When I come up there will you fix me some apple butter and the muffins? They look yummy. Mam-maw loves apple butter too. Can't wait to see you,
    love and miss you,
    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure Grandma! Me and Mom would love to make it for you! I can't wait till you come to see us. I love you, Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete