Friday, February 22, 2013

Poems I Love

Lately I've been interested in poems. I just love the ring to them. Sometimes for school  they give me paragraphs to write and I find myself trying to make some of the words rhyme. I guess it does kind of sound nerdy. My Dad doesn't like poems and I keep wanting to read them to him: one to aggravate him, two, because they were a blessing to me. So, I just wanted to share one with you:
                     
                                                          A Servant's Prayer
           
                                          Where is there a need that I can fill?
                                           A place to serve, to do God's will?
                                         Where can I find some soul in distress
                                          And offer words of comfort and rest?
                 
                                                 Where is there some task
                                                       no one wants to do
                                         Master, I am willing to do it for You
                                         I have not as much to give as the rest
                                         But I can give each day my very best.

                                                Where is the place of service
                                                            meant for me,
                                       The job for  which You created me to be?
                                             Saviour, only let me hear Thy call,
                                                To Thyself I gladly give my all.

                                               Let me labor, now I humbly ask,
                                                  In some great work or small
                                                          and humbling task
                                          From dawn of day until life's setting sun,
                                      That I may only hear from Thee, " Well done."
                                                                                 - Cathy Corle

      I really thought on these things and I pray that God will use me, and like it was my own, He will accept this willing Servant's Prayer.
         
                                                        I hope this was a blessing to you.                    
   

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Beth, I just loved it so much. Thank you for sharing. You are a blessing to me and through your testimony....I can see that you have a servants heart. I am so proud of you.
    Love and miss you
    and.....
    still waiting for you to call to read me a poem. :-)
    plus the photo you posted goes perfectly with the poem.
    Love you honey, love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete