Friday, July 31, 2020

A Friend Like Thee






What do You see when You see me? 
Is there great joy by what You see? 
Please, Lord, just search and try my heart. 
At least I know You won't depart. 
No matter what in me You see,
I know You will always love me.
But I want to show I love you,
So, Lord, please cleanse me through and through.
Then I'll have cause for rejoicing
When my love is clearly showing
That yes, I really do love You
With all of my heart -- it is true.

Thou knowest all that's in my heart.
From Your Word, help me not depart.
You are a friend that's always true.
What a sweet friend I have in You!
A friend that leaves and won't forsake
Is like the icing on the cake.
You are the truly sticky friend
That sticks with us until the end.
Ever faithful and ever true
Help me to be a friend to You.
You are the balm to my spirit.
Take the weight when I can't bear it.
You give me cause for joy and hope,
And give me peace when I can't cope.
When in my life I have a need,
You truly are a friend indeed.
You are the kind of friend to be.
Help me, Lord, to be more like Thee.






I hope you enjoyed the poem. Isn't it sweet to know that He is a friend that never leaves nor forsakes? He can be your friend like He was with Abraham and Moses. What a better place to learn of this special friend than the word of God! 

You may have heard of others doing this, but my Mom has written at the beginning of her Bible "To Kami." Then at the very last chapter she wrote, "Love God." God's Word is His love letter to us. He shows us in His Word that He is the best friend we can have. He is the kind of friend that laid down His life for you. You just have to accept His gift. Is He your friend today? More importantly, do you live like it?

May we learn to be a friend like Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment