Thursday, January 21, 2021

2 Years in the Making

   On January 18, 2019, I started my book, The King's Heart in the LORD's Hands. It has been quite a journey as I've seen my characters come to life. Probably many authors feel like me, at least I hope I'm not the only one,  that the characters in my book are like my friends.

Mondays are the day I set aside to write; sometimes to my heart's content. Sadly, my writing time has been sporadic at best. I feel proud of myself for coming this far in two years. This book has been the quickest in the making. At least it's gone faster than my first book that I started, oh, eight years ago maybe. I know. That is a longgggg time😁. Once I finally finished college last May, I guess I felt I was more free in time and mind to write more. 

When I realized that it would be two years on January 18, I knew that I at least wanted to reach the climax. I just about made it Monday, and then today, another day I often write, I was able to reach my goal. I still have the climax and the end, but I am excited at where I am at. It's the farthest I've gotten in one of my books. I now have 25 chapters, about 200 pages, and over 55,000 words. Yay! 

My desire/dream and goal is to finish my book and get it published in one year from now. As I always say, we shall see...

Seriously though. Please keep me accountable. I know my Grandma is cheering me on. I told her how far I've gotten, and she is excited for me to read what I have to her when she comes to visit. 

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment