Sunday, March 10, 2013

My Early B-day Gift: A Goat


As you have probably read from my mom's blog, we had started catching chickens that came around our house and put them in a chicken coop that Leo made for us. We now have 8 chickens; Big Mama, Snow Flake, Dipper, Pink, Jingle, Caramel and John, ( I know John is a hen, but that's what Silas named it) and we also have a rooster named Bronco.

Well, earlier this morning Mom had gone to pick up the ladies and the rest of us were doing the last finishing touches on our house to get it ready for our Bible study, then Leo showed up. Dad went outside to see what he wanted and Leo came out of his truck and said "come here" to an animal or something that was inside his truck;  Dad thought he was calling his dog Lulu but then a girl kid goat hopped out. Dad was surprised and Leo started telling Dad about how he found it; Leo had found it on the side of the road. Dad didn't realize it, but Leo was giving it to us. So, now we have a goat.

Since my birthday is Thursday it is almost like my early birthday gift. I'm so excited! Mom kept saying," What in the world are we going to do with a goat."and I would answer," Keep it."


  Isn't it so cute? It was like a dream realizing that she was ours, well, at least for a little bit. We will see if  Dad and Mom really want it. We noticed that it was so tame because it just followed Leo and then it started following us. She even tried to follow us inside. It followed me and Joshua around earlier and it reminded me of the nursery rhyme, Mary Had a Little Lamb,except  it is not a lamb it is a goat and we don't have a Mary in our house.

Since it is still a baby we gave it a bottle and some milk and she just jumped right at it. She drank it up so fast.



Here is Silas, Callie and Momma feeding it a little later on. Silas is a little scared of it but Callie just goes right up to it. We think we will name it Kiddie, since it is a girl kid goat. Kiddie tried to jump on Callie and Callie told Momma that Kiddie hurt her tummy.



Since Kiddie is so tame she might belong to someone else so when the news paper comes out we will see if somebody is looking for a goat. So, for now we shall enjoy our goat.

2 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday Elisabeth!! She is so cute. I hope she doesn't eat anything valuable like one of you books on poems. :-)
    I can't wait to meet her. I hope she doesn't get horns and try to butt us with them.
    Love your posts.....can't wait to read the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures! You look like such a little Momma.:)My Dad had a goat that he named Holly after his sister...Aunt Holly never did like that goat! Dad said Holly thought she was a dog. (The goat, not my aunt!:))
    Have a great day!
    In Christ,
    Naomi

    ReplyDelete